|When:||Back to Calendar November 6, 2018 – November 11, 2018 (all-day)||Where:||Radisson
200 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse,WI 54601
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Cost:||$199 until 8/3/2018|
National Archaeology Educator’s Conference
“Telling Our Story: Connection, Collaboration, & Sustainability”
La Crosse, Wisconsin
November 5th – 9th, 2018
The 3rd Annual National Archaeology Educator’s Conference will be held in La Crosse, WI, November 5th– 9th, 2018 at the Radisson Hotel. Our theme this year is “Telling Our Story” and our sessions will be focusing on storytelling and Tribal relations. We invite all archaeology educators including archaeologists, museum educators, teachers, students, and anyone interested in archaeology education to attend! The conference provides professional development through sessions, workshops, and field trips; presents opportunities for networking and mentorships; and connects conference attendees with high-quality educational materials. The conference will begin the evening of Monday, November 5th with a reception, introductions, and orientation. The Radisson is located at 200 Harborview Plaza, La Crosse WI.
A block of rooms has been reserved for the Conference at the special rate of $129 for a double queen room with a river view. The special rate applies three days before and after the conference. Individual reservations must be made on or before October 12th, 2018. Reservations may be made by calling the Radisson directly (608-784-6680) and mentioning the National Archaeology Educator’s Conference. Check in begins at 3pm and check out is at noon. The Radisson does offer free on-site parking and complementary Wi-Fi.
Conference registration includes refreshments and lunches beginning Tuesday the 6th at noon. Conference participants will be on their own for dinner and breakfast. Breakfast is available at the onsite restaurant and there are many restaurant options within walking distance for dinner.
$61 Single Day Rate
$199 early-bird rate if you register by August 3, 2018
$249 regular registration by October 24, 2018
Registration includes all professional development sessions, tours, and lunches.
Federal government employees are encouraged to attend, but as this conference is funded by a Bureau of Land Management grant, they cannot benefit from any of those funds. Federal employees can register at the price of $381 or a daily rate of $91.
Project Archaeology Coordinators, graduates from the Project Archaeology Leadership Academy, and college students with proof of enrollment are eligible for a discounted rate. Contact Erika.Malo@montana.edu for discount code.Click here to download the draft agenda (214 downloads)
There are many ways to arrive in La Crosse, Wisconsin. A few options are outlined below.
- La Crosse Regional Airport (LSE) is served by American and Delta airlines with non-stop service to Chicago and Minneapolis airports. The Radisson offers a complimentary shuttle service to the La Cross Airport with advance notice.
- Minneapolis International Airport (MSP) is a short 2.5 hour trip to La Crosse, consider renting a car, taking a shuttle, train, or bus.
- Car Rentals are available at the Minneapolis Airport: https://www.mspairport.com/directions/ground-transportation/car-rentals
- GoCarefree Shuttle runs 8 times per day between Minneapolis and La Crosse. The shuttle leaves from the Minneapolis Airport and arrives at the Holiday Inn in La Crosse, only three blocks from the Radisson. $52 for a one way ticket or $104 for a round trip ticket. Reservations can be make https://www.gocarefreeshuttle.com/
- Amtrak runs through La Crosse daily via Minneapolis and Chicago. The Radisson offers a complimentary shuttle service to the Amtrak station with advance notice.
- Greyhound buses runs once daily between Minneapolis, La Crosse, and Chicago. The Greyhound station is only a few blocks from the conference hotel.
Please bring an inexpensive silent auction item that represents either archaeology or your state. We use funds from the silent auction to provide scholarships for the next conference. Examples of items from past auctions include huckleberry chocolates (Montana), trowel earrings, and handmade items.
Refund requests must be submitted in no later than October 5, 2018. Refunds will be given based on the dates below.
100% refund of registration fee (minus a 20% admin. fee) will be issued if cancellation request is received by October 1, 2018.
50% refund of registration fee will be issued if cancellation request is received between October 1 and October 5, 201.
No refunds will be issued for requests received after October 5, 2018.