Canyons of the Ancients Educator Workshop
- Project Archaeology is seeking an all-star group of K-12 teachers, museum and archaeology educators, and informal educators.
- Only 14 applicants will be selected to attend this special 3-Day workshop.
- Thanks to our generous sponsors, participants will be awarded a $200 scholarship.
Learn first-hand how to help your students practice the basics of inquiry-based learning through cross-curricular, studentcentered lessons that teach cultural understanding. Investigate an ancient Puebloan shelter with your students without ever leaving the classroom! You will receive the award-winning curriculum guide Project Archaeology: Investigating Shelter for grades 3 through 5 which supports the goals of the Common Core and integrates English, Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science. Students learn to analyze artifacts, primary documents, and oral histories related to authentic archaeological sites.
- Inquiry-based instruction and lessons
- $200 scholarship
- lunches and snacks
- Special Guest Presentations
- Guided tour of Lowry Pueblo
- Curriculum guides, Project Archaeology: Investigating Shelter and Investigating the Puzzle House Pueblo
- 2 college credits (optional)
Application deadline is April 30, 2019